- 4 Tbsp oil
- 3 Sprigs curry leaves
- 2 Stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 30g Tamarind pulp + 1 1/2 cup water, mix well and strain
- 300-500g Royal Empurau steak cuts or head
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tsp salt
- 250g okra, cut into halves
Grind the following into paste:
- 50g Shallots
- 3 Cloves garlic
- 3 Chillies
- 1 Inch ginger
- Heat oil in a wok on medium high and saute spice paste until fragrant.
- Add curry leaves, lemongrass, and curry powder. Mix well and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and tamarind liquid, bring to a boil.
- Add fish fillets, season with sugar and salt. Cook until fish is cooked through.
- Add okra, cook for another minute.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with white rice.